Mississippi Christian Family Services (MCFS) was chartered for providing family services with special concern for the distressed, underpriviliged, and developmentally disabled. Membership is open to all who subscribe to the purpose of the organization. A local bi-racial Board of Directors directs the program and a local bi-racial Advisory Committee function in an advisory capacity. The local Board of Directors appoints the Executive Director. He/she is directly responsible to MCFS Board of Directors, and to CRWRC (World Renew) Board.
- Work Activity Services (WAS)--This program increases independent work opportunities for individuals served by expanding present and developing new MCFS industries. Also, the WAS increases cooperation and support from the business community in taking special steps to provide employment for individuals served. Currently, there is an on-site ironing program, janitorial services, and car wash.
- Employment Related Services (ERS)--This program locates jobs for clients within the community based on their ability. On-the-job training is provided along with supervision to help the clients keep their jobs.
- Case Managment Services--This program provides outreach and intake services, information and referral, needs assessment and service coordination. Included in the Case Management Program is a Money Management Program, in which the individuals served are assisted and taught the concepts of proper budgeting, bill paying, and saving.
- Group Home/Supervised-Living--This program provides supervised family-style living arrangements for developmentally delayed men and women with the objective of independent living.
- Day Services-Adult--This program provides appropriate functional training to severely developmentally delayed adults.
- Bible Study Program--This program provides daily devotion time for individuals served and staff.